So the action point today is as simple as they come, and it might just open your eyes to what’s around you in addition to feeding your self-confidence.
By the way, I’ll be giving you a lot more ActionPoints over the coming months, basically because I don’t just want us to have a cosy chat here, I want to help you fuel meaningful change. If you’re willing to give the ActionPoints a go, I think you’ll see some pretty good stuff happening…
- Take a different route to and/or from work. Take a different road. Walk to a different bus stop. Walk along different streets. Look at it as an exciting or interesting part of your day, rather than something that you write off. When I’m working in London I take a different route every couple of days. It works.
- You might have your route well established; an efficient route that you don’t even have to think about that gets you where you need to get. That’s great, only it’s this established pattern I want you to shake up. Allow yourself extra time if you need to.
- If you work from home, do the same thing when you go out to grab your morning coffee or simply leave the house for a walk before you start your working day. When I’m working from that’s just what I do, heading out of the house after breakfast so that when I come home from my walk it’s like arriving at the office and I know I need to start work.
- While on your new journey, take a look around you. Notice what’s there on this new route.
- Do this every day for one week, and see what happens.
Let me know what you find out there…